
Howling sounds surrounded my ear, one cold night. I could hear the sounds of hate and sorrow a mile away. It was very dark outside, but something inside me wanted to find that voice. It felt like, it needs me, somehow.
I walked down that dark path, trying to follow the very faint trail of sound from a mile away. As I drew closer, I could feel my heart pumping like it never did before. It's as if the sound was pulling me closer and closer. I couldn't stop my feet from moving. I couldn't go back anymore. There's no turning back, for I couldn't see the path that I've been before.
Finally, I could see a faint light from somewhere. It was covered by a tall tree, surrounded by fireflies, swirling every branch, and every leaf. There at the root of the tree, a white figure sat. I could hear the sounds of hate and sorrow clearer now, it came from the white figure. I walked slowly, towards its direction. The sound grew stronger and stronger as I drew closer. It slowly broke my heart.
As I sat in front of the figure, I was mesmerized. She had a hair, longer than the horizon. It gave a faint glow, as moonshine touches every strand. Her skin was as white as the milky way. She had a soft voice, that relaxes your soul. And she possessed the beauty of a thousand angels. But, her eyes were filled with tears.
She didn't want to be touched. She didn't want someone to talk to. But, deep inside me felt like she needed me more than ever. I just sat there in front of her. Watched her as tears fell down from those precious eyes of hers, even as it slowly breaks my heart. I couldn't do anything for her to feel better. But that didn't stop me from being with her. I didn't leave her, even for a second.
Then, she looked at me with those round eyes of hers. She looked at me, as if, draining all the life energy out of my soul. But I couldn't keep my eyes from looking at hers. They gave a faint glow, but nevertheless, beautiful.
"Why are you here?" She asked.
"I don't know either. But, I won't leave you here, all alone. I know you need someone, and I know it's not me. But, I can be."
"Are you for real?"
"Trust me."
She stopped crying, and she became quiet all of a sudden. She just looked at me for a while. The winds started to sing a relaxing melody, as it brushes her hair, showing its natural glow. Slowly, she reached for my hand. Without hesitation, I gave mine. She squeezed my hand while she was looking at me. Then, finally, I saw a smile.
Then, her glow was now visible. I was covered with her warm light. She lit up the dark place, as fireflies danced around her. She stood up, taking me with her.
Light shone from the clouds towards her. Her eyes sparkled, as the light touched her. She gave me a smile. I smile that I couldn't ever forget. I smiled back, as my heart beats faster and faster.
"Thank you, for being here."
"I'll always be here for you."
"Promise?"
"I promise."
Then, she hugged me, as tight as she could. I somehow felt relieved. It's as if, she pulled out all the worries out of my soul. Tears fell from my eyes, for I felt something deep inside of me..
I was happy.
Then, she opened up her wings. It stretched out like the horizon. She smiled at me for one last time...
"I'll be around, if you need me."
Then, with one flap of her wings, she was gone in the heavens. Feathers fell down from the sky. I grabbed one, held it into my hands, as tight as I could.
Right then and there, I fell in love.. With an Angel in Disguise.

0 Rebuttals:
Post a Comment