Thursday, July 1, 2010

Of Rainbow Blindfolds and Red Umbrellas



(FORGIVE THE PICTURE...IT'S JUST SO CUTE!)
"Oh, I swear, I'll make you cry."

I could feel every sweat from my forehead, trickling down my cheeks as I waited anxiously for my cue, one Tuesday afternoon. The sky was painted gray, for it was raining that day. But there was light, a very faint light. It was hot on the 6th floor of that building, but I was shivering as my heart pumped an unusual beat.
I closed my eyes for a bit, and took that chance to catch my breath.

The rain didn't show a sign of slowing down, looks like we couldn't do everything we have planned. But, nevertheless, we couldn't falter.

I touched the glass window as I waited anxiously for my friends to take some action. It was very quiet. I could only hear my heartbeat. It was deafening, I couldn't take it anymore. But, I must wait. The glass window was getting cold, probably because of the cold winds, trying to pull me out and take me to the atmosphere. They, too, must be also waiting for everything to happen. My hands were shaking, my whole body was shivering.

I looked down the garden, after a few minutes, I saw some familiar figures walking towards the garden. My friends were already taking her there, I had to move, for that was my cue. I took a deep breath and went down to the battlefield. My legs were trembling. Every step was hard for me to do, but I mustn't stop, they were waiting for me. She was waiting for me.

When I finally reached the grounds, I immediately went to the coffee shop just beside our usual meeting place. They already knew what I needed, so they gave it immediately. I gave them a smile, and they replied with a smile also, while they spoke the word "Goodluck!". Yeah, luck, I needed that. That was it, there was no turning back. I opened my red umbrella, and went on to their location, never minding the rain. It was now, or never.

My heart was beating violently, as I was drawing closer to my friends. Still, the rain was not stopping. So, we had to go with 'plan B'. They must have noticed that I was already arriving, so they left the area, one by one. As they passed my direction, they whispered "Took you long enough, goodluck, brother." I just gave them a thankful smile, then I went to her direction.

"Don't leave me here! What did I ever do to you, guys?!"

I could already hear her crying, as I was drawing closer and closer to her location. Some of my friends were trying to comfort her, telling her to calm down, and to stay put. My friends saw me, and one by one, they moved away. All that was left was me, and her, and my red umbrella to keep us sheltered.

She became quiet, she was still crying, but I couldn't see any tears, for there was a blindfold, covering her eyes. A rainbow colored blindfold. I couldn't stand seeing her like that, so I asked her to remove the blindfold.

Slowly, she removed the blindfold. She opened her eyes, and saw me in front of her, holding the umbrella on one hand, and holding a rose on the other hand. After a quick pause, she cried once more. Then, she hugged me tight, as if she never did before.

"You're such a bully!"
"Haha! This is my revenge. :P"
"Gaah! You really are a bully!"
"I'm sorry.. Stop crying, I'm here now, I won't leave you."

I hugged her as tight as I could, she was still crying, but I could notice that she was smiling at the same time. I was quite relieved, and I gave a smile as well.

The cold winds were touching our skin, and it made me shiver once again. But, I kinda liked the feeling. She stopped crying, but her eyes were still a bit reddish, she was still holding my arm, as if she didn't want to let go. I wiped the tears off her cheeks.

"I can't take you back there if you look like that. :P"
"It's your fault! Gah!"
"I told you, I'll make you cry. >:)"
"Grr! Bully!"
"I'm sorry, stop crying now, or we won't come back there"
*she faked a cry*
"Haha! There there, I'm here. I won't leave you, I promise."

The rain was getting weaker and weaker, the faint light was already showing its true colors. The sun was making its entrance. Her eyes sparkled as sunlight sat at our location. She gave her sweetest smile as my fingers drew the outline of her face. She looked at me with those sparkling eyes as she held me tightly than ever. My heart was beating more violently, but, I liked it. She smiled at me once more, then she closed her eyes. I closed my eyes as well.

After that, it was all history. ^^

"You were right. I won't forget this day. :) Thank you"

0 Rebuttals:

Related Posts with Thumbnails